Friday, August 7, 2026

Cinema

Movie playlist as I write this: 

So to start off with, I have always gone to the movies at least a couple of times a week or every other week for about 20 years. (JESUS IS SOUND OLD) I am a proud member of the Regal Unlimited club where I get free movies for the month at the cost of about 25-ish bucks. Trust me, I earn my money back because I see at minimum 5 movies a month. Even without going to the movies, I consume a fair amount of cinema at home. I like to watch maybe one a day, even if it is in the background while I work! 
So this is going to be me rambling about the movies I watched for the week of August 2nd -August 7th! Buckle up Buttercup



I have watched this movie every year on my birthday the moment I turned 16. Even a decade later, and no matter how cheesy it is, I cannot get tired of it. I started watching at like 11:30 p.m. on my birthday night after having a full Korean BBQ and a whole bottle of soju. I have seen this so many times that even as I sat on the floor sloshed and eating cake, I was able to pretty much quote the whole movie. Molly Ringwald in the 80s was truly her primeeeeee. I loved watching all her movies so much as a kid. (OMG I HAVE TWO MOLLY RINGWALD MOVIES IN HERE) I just honestly love the whole cast, which is why I like it, because I also love Michael Schoeffling in Vision Quest, and Anthony Hall in Breakfast club AND Edward Scissorhands. I am telling you guys, I watch so many movies, it's kinda gross. I have literally been torturing my boyfriend for years about the amount of movies I make him watch. I can't wait until I have a girl, and she turns 16, so I can show her this movie (and then tell her to not date a senior when she is a sophomore because that will be super messy). This movie does have a special place in my heart though, because I remember when my own mom showed this movie to me and she watched as I fell in love with the JAKE RYAN. Memoriessss.


Okay, remember when I said I like to torture my boyfriend into watching a lot of movies? I had him watch all of Tom Holland Spider-Man because we were going to go see A Brand New day on Sunday with my family and I wanted him to be prepared! You can't just dive into A New Day!! Especially with how No Way Home ended, I just couldn't allow it. Sigh..... I absolutely adore Spider-man, he was the superhero that I grew up loving. I love Spider-Verse in general because of just how big it is. We have so many different Spider people/ animals who just kick ass! I used to collect Gwen Stacy comics, but I had to calm down and switched over to digitally collecting her. This was a fun watch for me because I got to enjoy it with my boyfriend who had only really seen bits and pieces of them.


I uhmmmmm......I don't know what to say about this one in all honesty. When I first saw this as a kid, I swear it was a fever dream. I could not tell you what compelled us to watch this movie other than it is sooooooo bad that it is hilarious. I know Christopher Walken just had a ball with this movie cause oh my god, it is just too much at times.  I love how there are not many movies about ping pong, and this is one of the few that forces itself to stand out. I will say.....it should not be as funny as it is and leave it at that. 





The theater was straight poppinggg when my family went to go see this! They were playing in like five different theaters at once because it is so popular right now. Spent an arm and a leg on drinks and snacks (I only sneak snacks in when I have my big purse and I forgot it. RIP) I won't give any spoilers because I refuse to be that person, but I will say, it was amazing. Unfortunately, no Spider-man movie can top No Way Home for me, not even this one. (That is not including Miles Morales and the Spider-Verse) I loved seeing all the practical effects be so seamless and seeing how Peter has grown up. ALL I WILL SAY IS I LOVE HOW HE PAID HOMAGE TO HIS BROTHERS PETER 2 AND 3. It was nice seeing him carry his brothers with him through the suit so that he didn't feel so alone. Just so much thought and love went into this movie, and I was happy I got to see it in theaters!


(Almost done guys I swear. I have learned from my mistakes and wont do a weeklong movie list again. I have come too far to not finish this post. Bear with me. 


ANYTHING. AND I MEAN ANYTHING WITH SAM ROCKWELL, I WILL SEE IN THEATERS IF I CAN. So, I actually saw this movie earlier in the year with my brother in theaters. At first, I wasn't interested because I didn't really hear much about it. It wasn't until he told me that Sam Rockwell would be in it that I would go with him. I AM A WEAK WOMANNNNNN. I actually loved it so much and saw it THREE TIMES in a week because I thought it was so funny, though provoking, and I love me some eye candy. So, I saw it was finally streaming on Hulu and I decided to pick it for the sibling movie night I have with my older brother and sister since my sister hadn't seen it. What I like about the movie is how it made you feel about technology and what it is doing to not only us but our world. I say as I type a very long blogpost about all the movies I have watched this week. It had a decent story line and funny characters that we got some backstory on that I found enjoyable. I think what I like the most about it is how chaotic it is from the very beginning to the end. It's hard for me to start a movie with a long, chaotic dialogue about the future in danger and it's up to a man with a stuffy backpack to fix it and not find it funny. 


I did not know this was a book! I would have totally read it before I went to go see it. My dad and I actually saw the preview for this a few months ago, and we were both like, OMG we need to go see this. Once we found out it was playing in theaters, we bolted into our car. To make it even better, I got a free drink for my birthday. Hellll Yeaaaaa. I have been wanting a good romcom lately, and I think this definitely satiated me. I liked seeing the chemistry between our two leads. It made me smile like a loser in the theater. I will also make note that I like Callum Turner in the movie more than Boys in a Boat. To be honest, though those are the only two movies I have seen him in that I can remember. This is the first time I'm meeting Monica Barbaro and I have to say I liked her! (ALSO MOLLY RINGWALD JUMPSCARE??) "She daydreams a lot. Yeah, she does that." No, that is so real. That was like one of my favorite lines of the movie without spoiling it. Sigh, it was just a nice little romcom to wash out all the action-packed and chaotic movies I had watched this week. Definitely made sure my week ended on a good note for sure.

If you stuck out to the end, oh my god, thank you. I will NEVER DO A WEEK-LONG LIST AGAIN. I guess I underestimated how many movies I actually consume. I was like halfway through this list when I was thinking to myself that this was a bad idea and I should have just written about Spider-man. Thank you so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. You remind me of how much I need to step up my movie watching game lol. I still haven’t seen “obsessed”(Sue me!). Hopefully on Saturday I’ll get to see brand new day with my friends (if no one bails last minute, lol)

    ReplyDelete

I love Monster High.....SO MUCH

 I worked so hard on this power point to show my friends. So I want to show you guys because I love Monster High so much. I will preface thi...